Close Menu
Online 24 NewsOnline 24 News
  • Home
  • USA
  • Canada
  • UK
  • Germany
  • World
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Trending

Left-wing Dem Senate hopeful cheered on Antifa violence in unearthed rant: ‘Kill a motherf—er’

May 20, 2026

Mets reverse course on issuing team legend’s famed number to prospect after fan outrage: ‘Just seems wrong’

May 20, 2026

Longtime ‘Teacher of the Year,’ 61, groomed 15-year-old boy for sex, cops say

May 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Login
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
Online 24 NewsOnline 24 News
Join Us Newsletter
  • Home
  • USA
  • Canada
  • UK
  • Germany
  • World
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Online 24 NewsOnline 24 News
  • USA
  • Canada
  • UK
  • Germany
  • World
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Home»Sports
Sports

Formula 1 drops Bahrain, Saudi Arabia races amid escalating Iran war tensions: reports

March 13, 20262 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Copy Link Email Tumblr Telegram WhatsApp

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

The fourth round of races in Formula 1’s new season, scheduled for next month in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, are no longer expected to proceed as planned.

ESPN, citing sources, reported that F1 officials agreed to cancel the events amid the ongoing conflict involving Iran. 

Sky News was first to report the cancellation.

The Bahrain race had been scheduled for April 12, while the event in Saudi Arabia was slated to begin on April 19 in the city of Jeddah. Bahrain and Saudi Arabia have both been hit by missile strikes during Iran’s retaliation after a series of U.S. and Israeli attacks on Iran. 

Although it remains unclear what state the conflict will be in around the dates the races were scheduled to begin, F1 teams would soon need to start sending freight to the region in preparation for both events. The condensed timeline likely prompted decision-makers to reach a conclusion now.

There is no word on whether the Middle East races will be rescheduled for a later date. However, there is little room on the rest of this year’s calendar to move the events.

The F1 logo

Given the uncertainty, F1 reportedly made the decision to avoid any disruption to the championship should a race be canceled later in the calendar.

LIV GOLFERS DEAL WITH ‘TERRIFYING’ EXPERIENCE IN MIDDLE EAST AS CONFLICT BROKE OUT IN IRAN

The reduced 2026 schedule of 22 races also creates a five-week gap between the season’s third round in Japan and the Miami Grand Prix, scheduled for May 3.

The F1 Grand Prix of Saudi Arabi

A request for comment from Fox News Digital to Formula 1 was not immediately returned.

On Thursday, seven-time champion Lewis Hamilton said he was confident F1 would make the best decision. 

“I know that [F1 CEO] Stefano [Domenicali] will do what is right for all of us and the sport,” Hamilton said in the lead up to the Chinese Grand Prix. “That is the great thing about having a great leader like him.”

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X, and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.



Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Email Reddit Telegram
Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram
Copyright © 2026 YieldRadius LLP. All Rights Reserved.
  • For Advertisers
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Lost password?