Close Menu
Online 24 NewsOnline 24 News
  • Home
  • USA
  • Canada
  • UK
  • Germany
  • World
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Trending

‘Perfect’ male and female forms revealed —with bad news for dad bods and Ozempic slim-downs

May 19, 2026

Alabama boy battling cancer lands experimental drug after posting secret viral video that drew Trump response

May 19, 2026

Jennifer Lawrence’s Maxi Dress Is Incredibly Lengthening — All Because of This 1 Detail

May 19, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Login
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
Online 24 NewsOnline 24 News
Join Us Newsletter
  • Home
  • USA
  • Canada
  • UK
  • Germany
  • World
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Online 24 NewsOnline 24 News
  • USA
  • Canada
  • UK
  • Germany
  • World
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Home»World»Canada
Canada

N.W.T. battles 3 wildfires as season gets underway

May 19, 20262 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Copy Link Email Tumblr Telegram WhatsApp

Listen to this article

Estimated 2 minutes

The audio version of this article is generated by AI-based technology. Mispronunciations can occur. We are working with our partners to continually review and improve the results.

The government says it is fighting three fires in the Northwest Territories, and it says humans caused two of the fires.  

It says one human-caused wildfire in the South Slave region is under control.

It says the fire measuring about 0.0001 square kilometres, or roughly the size of a large house, began on Monday.

The Environment and Climate Change website describes the blaze as a “camp fire escaped.”

The government says it is also fighting an out-of-control overwintering fire, scorching about 0.05 square kilometres in the South Slave region that began on May 9.

An overwinter fire is one that remains dormant or undetected for a considerable amount of time after it starts.

The government says the overwinter fire was found using infrared scanning along the perimeter of the Fort Providence wildfire last year.

It says firefighters will attack hotspots found by scanning and get rid of the “remaining heat” using heavy equipment.

It says there are no threats to Fort Providence, cabins, or infrastructure.

The government says it is fighting an “out-of-control” 0.001 square kilometre wildfire, the size of a Canadian Football League end zone, in the North Slave region.

It says the wildfire began on Saturday and was human-caused.

Fire officials warned last month that this year could be a challenging year for wildfire season because of ongoing drought in parts of the territory.  

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Email Reddit Telegram
Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram
Copyright © 2026 YieldRadius LLP. All Rights Reserved.
  • For Advertisers
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Lost password?