Close Menu
Online 24 NewsOnline 24 News
  • Home
  • USA
  • Canada
  • UK
  • Germany
  • World
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Trending

The T1 Trump Phone Is the Same Color as Scrooge McDuck’s Gold Coins

May 22, 2026

Spain to launch biggest wildfire campaign after record losses in 2025

May 22, 2026

Perhaps it is for the best as a Manchester City star misses out on World Cup selection for England

May 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Login
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
Online 24 NewsOnline 24 News
Join Us Newsletter
  • Home
  • USA
  • Canada
  • UK
  • Germany
  • World
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Online 24 NewsOnline 24 News
  • USA
  • Canada
  • UK
  • Germany
  • World
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Home»Sports
Sports

Police separate Celtic and Rangers fans after Ibrox pitch invasion

March 8, 20262 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Copy Link Email Tumblr Telegram WhatsApp

Celtic and Rangers fans have clashed during a pitch invasion following an Old Firm match at Ibrox.

Fans of the Parkhead side initially spilled onto the pitch in celebration after a 4-2 win on penalties.

But scenes turned ugly as Rangers fans joined the fracas, with flares thrown and police and stewards forming a barricade between the two sides.

The disorder quickly settled down with fans returning to the stands.

Fans wearing black clothing and blue and red face coverings ran across the pitch [PA Media]

Green smoke over a stand full of Celtic fans at Ibrox - a few of the fans are waving Palestinian flags

Green smoke could be seen over the Celtic end of the stadium [PA Media]

It was the first time Celtic supporters have been given the full Broomloan Stand allocation at Ibrox since it was reduced to fewer than 1,000 in 2018.

Traditionally, around 7,500 Celtic fans filled the stand for Old Firm derbies.

Since then, away allocations at both Ibrox and Celtic Park have fluctuated between about 750 and zero in a series of tit-for-tat moves.

The Scottish Football Association condemned the supporters who went onto the pitch and said an investigation would be carried out “immediately”.

Scotland’s victims and community safety minister Siobhan Brown said the scenes were “unacceptable”.

She said: “Of particular concern is the reckless use of pyrotechnics which could have caused serious injury.”

Brown highlighted that the Scottish government had recently consulted on extending powers to ban football fans from games and was “considering next steps”.

Currently Football Banning Orders (FBOs) are only imposed if supporters are involved in violence or disorder – they enable the authorities to stop fans attending games anywhere in the UK for 10 years.

Both clubs told BBC Sport they would not comment officially yet.

In a post-match interview, Celtic manager Martin O’Neill said: “You’re asking me a lot of political questions in this moment when I’m in a euphoric state.

“The fans have spilled over, big scenes at the end, all over the place. I’m not diminishing it at all, I will have a think about it and speak to you in due course.”

Meanwhile Rangers head coach Danny Rohl told Premier Sports: “I’m not sure what was at the end, I was in the tunnel.”

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Email Reddit Telegram
Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram
Copyright © 2026 YieldRadius LLP. All Rights Reserved.
  • For Advertisers
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Lost password?