Close Menu
Online 24 NewsOnline 24 News
  • Home
  • USA
  • Canada
  • UK
  • Germany
  • World
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Trending

James Murdoch, media scion, strikes deal for New York Magazine and Vox

May 22, 2026

Nunavik police report calls for a ‘distinctly Inuit system’ with changes to hiring laws and training

May 22, 2026

Jewish raid in Paris: 98 photos give victims of the Nazi era a face

May 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Login
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
Online 24 NewsOnline 24 News
Join Us Newsletter
  • Home
  • USA
  • Canada
  • UK
  • Germany
  • World
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Online 24 NewsOnline 24 News
  • USA
  • Canada
  • UK
  • Germany
  • World
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
Home»World
World

US to let DR Congo football team in for World Cup despite Ebola restrictions

May 22, 20262 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Copy Link Email Tumblr Telegram WhatsApp

The US has banned non-Americans who have visited DR Congo, Uganda or South Sudan in the last 21 days from entry.

Published On 19 May 202619 May 2026

The United States will ensure that the Democratic Republic of the Congo’s (DRC) football team can enter the country to play in the World Cup, making an exemption to an Ebola-related entry ban, according to a senior Department of State official.

“We expect the DRC team to be able to attend the World Cup,” the official said on condition of anonymity.

Recommended Stories

list of 4 itemsend of list

The US has banned non-Americans who have been in the DRC, Uganda or South Sudan in the previous 21 days from visiting the country due to a deadly outbreak of Ebola.

The US official said the DRC team, the only one among the three countries to have qualified for football’s premier event, had already been training in Europe, so they may not have been subject to the ban in any case.

But if they had, in fact, been in the DRC over the last 21 days, they would be subject to the sort of strict screening required for returning US citizens.

“We’re working to get them into the same protocol for testing in isolation that American citizens returning and permanent residents would be,” the official said.

The official said the exemption would not apply to everyday fans from the DRC looking to come to cheer on the team.

The DRC begin their World Cup campaign in Texas against Portugal on June 17.

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Email Reddit Telegram
Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram
Copyright © 2026 YieldRadius LLP. All Rights Reserved.
  • For Advertisers
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

Sign In or Register

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below.

Lost password?